Oh! You missed out on this role!
But don’t worry, your perfect job at ieDigital is just around the corner.
Take a look at our careers page for more opportunities.
Project Management Officer (PMO)
This is a key role within our Delivery team. You will support the Head of Delivery and the project and delivery leads in managing the project portfolio so that projects are delivered on time, profitably, and to maximum customer satisfaction.
Your main duties will involve delivery resource management, reporting and forecasting, providing support to the Project Managers and delivery leads, management of time off, administration of the timesheet system, and other administration tasks.
Reporting to Head of Delivery, the role requires someone with exemplary organizational skills, advanced Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel), and high attention to detail. Deliverables are routinely used by senior management, and as such must be accurate and delivered punctually. You must be comfortable communicating with internal stakeholders at all levels.
This role may suit someone looking to step up from a junior PM or junior PMO role, or someone looking to consolidate their PMO experience in a standalone role at an SME.
ieDigital provides financial service organizations with the ability to transform their digital customer experience. We do this through Interact, our powerful software platform, whose prebuilt components enable our clients to quickly deliver customized solutions to market.
By integrating into any core banking system and fintech ecosystem, we combine the functionality to improve the customer experience, accelerate growth, optimize cost efficiency and manage risk.
We are the chosen partner to four of the UK’s five largest banks, and have deployed Interact in 28 countries. We were recognized as one of the world’s “most significant providers” in the Q3 2017 Forrester Wave for Digital Banking Engagement Platforms, offering “a well-defined Digital Banking Platform that supports Corporate Banking, Private Banking and excels in Retail Banking”.
ieDigital is privately owned and has more than 100 employees. Our head office can be found on the London riverside, with further offices in Frankfurt, Dubai and Sydney.
For more information, visit ieDigital.com
- Manage Delivery Resource planning: handle escalations; maintain the resource plan; process new starters and leavers, capture PM demand and assign suitable resource, review resource assignments with PMs and functional heads; manage seasonal scheduling (eg Christmas); manage resource shortfall/overage with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to recruitment activity: facilitate and document weekly resource meeting; complete own actions and follow up on others.
- Capture inbound work requests: facilitate Sales Work Request meeting; manage requests through Jira; ensure others complete tasks on time; provide training as needed.
- Monitor PM task completion: check report and forecast completion and content; enforce routine reporting and billing deadlines.
- Manage internal reporting: update and distribute routine reports (forecast, project status, utilization, cross-charging); create/update templates.
- Manage time off: holiday planning and approval; sickness notification; provide guidance to staff regarding other time off requests.
- Manage timesheet completion: check weekly timesheet completion; notify non-compliant staff; flag routine offenders to management; proactively remind users of impending events (month end, holidays etc.).
- Provide support to timesheet users: handle queries; set up tasks and assign resources; provide/configure reports.
- Assist the Application Support Team with administration tasks and process improvements.
- Implement PMO process improvements.
- Perform Delivery induction for new starters in the department.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks such as updating seating plans, organizational charts etc.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a project office or providing similar support to up to 10 project and delivery managers.
- Worked in a busy IT supplier environment (software vendor, consultancy or systems integrator) and are comfortable with the associated demands and pressures.
- Developed or significantly enhanced PMO processes, and developed or maintained components of the PMO infrastructure (systems, standards, templates).
- A solid understanding of the mechanics of project management: planning, tracking, risk management, change management, project finance.
- Experience in scheduling resources, optimizing utilization and project tracking and reporting.
- High level of numeracy, and the ability to use and administrate systems such as for timesheets and document management.
- Some exposure to software development and project management environments.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to routinely complete tasks within agreed timeframes.
- Some project management experience.
- Understanding of project processes and methodologies.
- Experience of using SharePoint.
- Experience of using Jira.
- Understanding of/interest in digital banking industry and software development.
- Good at building relationships with colleagues, and able to motivate them to deliver by showing them the benefits.
- Highly organized, yet still able to operate in ambiguous or undefined situations.
- Able to provide leadership, determine policy and think strategically, but also comfortable providing basic support such as arranging meetings and printing reports.
- Able to take the initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Customer-facing experience a bonus.
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- Holidays: 25 working days plus 8 statutory holidays.
- Company pension: The company contributes 4% of your basic salary once you have completed three months’ employment. If you wish, you may join sooner and make your own salary sacrifice contributions.
- Life assurance: Pays a sum equivalent to four times your basic salary.
- Health plan: On commencement of employment with the company, you are eligible to join the company’s private health plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Shower facilities.
- Eye-care vouchers.
- Access to amazing discounts such as Tastecard, cinema tickets, holidays and more.
- Free fruit.
- Regular social activities and events.
- Great location overlooking the River Thames.
Kingston upon Thames, London