Oh! You missed out on this role!
But don’t worry, your perfect job at ieDigital is just around the corner.
Take a look at our careers page for more opportunities.
Project Manager (Contractor)
Working closely with our clients (including Tier 1 organisations), this is a project management role, that involves daily interaction with customers at a senior level, and requires expertise in managing upwards (as well as down).
You will be able to estimate, plan, manage and deliver streams of work (anywhere between about 10-1000 days,) within a large project (up to £2m) as well as a stream of smaller projects or change requests and have a good understanding of the solutions being delivered – producing a number of deliverables (including Project Initiation and Scoping Documents and Sprint Plans), and facilitating on-site workshops.
Working within an Agile-Scrum environment, you will be responsible for managing one or more projects at a time, across one or more Scrum teams and communicating progress on these to clients as well as to the internal stakeholders.
You will be expected to keep in touch with the fast changing technical and business market, and to help identify opportunities for the company resulting from technical, business and legal changes.
You may from time to time be involved in software/product testing, and pre-sales activities.
ieDigital provides financial service organizations with the ability to transform their digital customer experience. We do this through Interact, our powerful software platform, whose prebuilt components enable our clients to quickly deliver customized solutions to market.
By integrating into any core banking system and fintech ecosystem, we combine the functionality to improve the customer experience, accelerate growth, optimize cost efficiency and manage risk.
We are the chosen partner to four of the UK’s five largest banks, and have deployed Interact in 28 countries. We were recognized as one of the world’s “most significant providers” in the Q3 2017 Forrester Wave for Digital Banking Engagement Platforms, offering “a well-defined Digital Banking Platform that supports Corporate Banking, Private Banking and excels in Retail Banking”.
ieDigital is privately owned and has more than 120 employees. Our head office can be found on the London riverside, with further offices in Frankfurt, Dubai and Sydney.
For more information visit www.ieDigital.com.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer communication, client relationship and problem resolution skills, and commercially astute.
- Experience of e-business and mobile related applications and some technical understanding (e.g. databases & web browsers) and ideally have experience managing projects that integrate to any core banking platform/back end.
- Experience of managing small teams through the full project lifecycle. This will include internal development, testing and analysis teams as well as customer/ partner teams.
- Previous project management experience, including some gained in a relevant industry sector within the Retail Banking/Retail Financial Services sector (e.g. some experience of specialising in Credit Cards, Retail Funds/Investments, Savings, Mortgages, Wealth Management).
- Experience of managing change control and/or small projects although there are likely to be opportunities to work on larger projects from time to time. The successful candidate will have experience in working in an agile way and specifically Scrum and some Kanban, as the projects are very fast paced with constantly changing priorities.
- Be able to contribute to a range of projects in parallel.
- Experience of working directly with business users at senior levels within an organisation, and a commercial understanding of their requirements.
- Understand how to motivate project teams and monitor on-going motivation and efficiency.
- Be able to manage a project budget. Monitoring customer management and team management within a set budget.
- Be able to effectively manage resource within a project plan to guarantee successful delivery.
- Proactively manage risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies. Be confident and able to escalate where appropriate.
- Have a firm grounding in business and systems analysis, and design methodologies.
- Be able to work well in a pre-sales situation and be able to give high level presentations to senior business people.
- Have some experience of software/product testing, an understanding of the quality assurance and improvement process.
- Good familiarity with MS Project and MS Office and experience with JIRA
- Be bright, articulate, well presented and a self-starter that will be able to take on work with limited assistance and work well with other people in a team environment.
Kingston upon Thames, London