Working closely with our clients (including Tier 1 organisations), this is a project management role, that involves daily interaction with customers at a senior level, and requires expertise in managing upwards (as well as down).
You will be able to estimate, plan, manage and deliver streams of work (anywhere between about 10-1000 days,) within a large project (up to £2m) as well as a stream of smaller projects or change requests and have a good understanding of the solutions being delivered – producing a number of deliverables (including Project Initiation and Scoping Documents and Sprint Plans), and facilitating on-site workshops.
Working within an Agile-Scrum environment, you will be responsible for managing one or more projects at a time, across one or more Scrum teams and communicating progress on these to clients as well as to the internal stakeholders.
You will be expected to keep in touch with the fast changing technical and business market, and to help identify opportunities for the company resulting from technical, business and legal changes.
You may from time to time be involved in software/product testing, and pre-sales activities.
- Excellent customer communication, client relationship and problem resolution skills, and commercially astute.
- Experience of e-business and mobile related applications and some technical understanding (e.g. databases & web browsers) and ideally have experience managing projects that integrate to any core banking platform/back end.
- Experience of managing small teams through the full project lifecycle. This will include internal development, testing and analysis teams as well as customer/ partner teams.
- Previous project management experience, including some gained in a relevant industry sector within the Retail Banking/Retail Financial Services sector (e.g. some experience of specialising in Credit Cards, Retail Funds/Investments, Savings, Mortgages, Wealth Management).
- Experience of managing change control and/or small projects although there are likely to be opportunities to work on larger projects from time to time. The successful candidate will have experience in working in an agile way and specifically Scrum and some Kanban, as the projects are very fast paced with constantly changing priorities.
All about you
- Be able to contribute to a range of projects in parallel.
- Experience of working directly with business users at senior levels within an organisation, and a commercial understanding of their requirements.
- Understand how to motivate project teams and monitor on-going motivation and efficiency.
- Be able to manage a project budget. Monitoring customer management and team management within a set budget.
- Be able to effectively manage resource within a project plan to guarantee successful delivery.
- Proactively manage risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies. Be confident and able to escalate where appropriate.
- Have a firm grounding in business and systems analysis, and design methodologies.
- Be able to work well in a pre-sales situation and be able to give high level presentations to senior business people.
- Have some experience of software/product testing, an understanding of the quality assurance and improvement process.
- Good familiarity with MS Project and MS Office and experience with JIRA
- Be bright, articulate, well presented and a self-starter that will be able to take on work with limited assistance and work well with other people in a team environment.
Benefits & Perks
Privacy and GDPR
When you apply, we may ask you for the following personal information:
- Your name
- Contact details
- Your work and educational history (typically in your CV)
- Your current salary information and your notice period at your current employer
- A form of identification, insurance numbers, immigration information and visa status
- The country you are applying from
- Your responses to application questions
- References from your previous employer
- Other information you voluntarily give us through the process, including through interviews or take-home tasks.
Giving this information is optional, but if you choose not to, we might not have enough information about you to consider your application.
As well as what we’ve listed above, we may ask you to give us some sensitive personal data such as:
- age group
- sexual orientation.
We only ever ask for this information to keep track of our equal opportunities monitoring and to make sure we’re complying with anti-discrimination laws. Where we use your data for these purposes, we anonymise it. You don’t have to share it with us, and legally we can’t consider it as part of your application. So if you choose not to share it with us, it won’t harm your application in any way.
We typically get most of your personal information directly from you, but we may get some information about you from other sources:
- We collect information about you from background checking agencies
- We collect workplace references from your referees
- Information about you from publicly available sources (eg your name and contact details)
- We might receive your personal information from third-party recruitment firms.
We use your information to:
- Make hiring decisions
- Contact you throughout the hiring process
- Run recruitment and promotion processes (including an applicant tracking system)
- Run background checks (we’ll always tell you before running these checks)
- Fulfil our immigration and employment law obligations
- Track our equal opportunities, diversity and other recruitment performance (we
anonymise your data for these purposes).
We share your data with the following people:
- Internally with our People Team, Hiring Team and people in other teams who are involved in your hiring process.
- Recruitment or Executive Search agencies involved in recruiting you (this only applies if you’ve already given your details to this agency).
- Software companies that support our recruitment process.
- In some circumstances, we may share your details with other parties to comply with
the law or to protect our rights, property or safety.
If you apply for a role and your application isn’t successful, we keep your information for up to four years. The further you get in the application process, the longer we’re likely to keep your information. We keep your data for two main reasons:
- In case we face a legal challenge about our decision.
- To consider you as a candidate for other opportunities.
If you want us to delete your personal data sooner (from 6 months after the hiring process has concluded), you can chat to us. See the information under ‘Your rights’ for more details.
- Ask for a copy of all (or some) of the personal data we hold about you.
- Ask us to correct inaccurate data that we hold about you.
- Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data – but, for legal reasons, we might not always be able to do this at the time you request it.
- Stop us using your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Stop us using your data for research and statistical purposes, in some circumstances withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us about your personal data.
If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve been talking to a member of the hiring team, they’ll also be happy to pass your request on.
Apply for this job
We accept CV files in PDF and Word formats, cover letter is preferred, but not mandatory. Files cannot be more than 1MB. All fields are required.
ieDigital is a solution provider for financial institutions and other financial services providers. We are a team of experts in financial services technology and customer experience.
At the very core of our company is a passion and belief in the power and potential of technology, and we’ve been applying technology to solve business problems since 1986.
ieDigital is owned by Parabellum Investments, a privately owned global investment firm founded and led by Rami Cassis, chief executive.