Senior React Developer
As a Senior React Developer at ieDigital you will work within the Platform Architecture Team. You will be responsible for setting the technical direction for, and working with, the software development teams building our platform and features used on customer projects. You will perform a key role working closely with our Sales, Strategy, Operations, Development and Quality Assurance teams.
You will have an ardent interest in technology and thrive working in an environment employing high standards and best practice software development methodologies. You will be passionate about Agile development practices and be comfortable working in a highly-collaborative team environment of like-minded people.
- Help define and evolve the software architecture for the Interact Web Channel
- Design, build and maintain the web frameworks used to build reusable features and customer solutions
- Design, build and maintain the web components and templates used to compose customer solutions
- Work with design teams to ensure we deliver modern, responsive and accessible components to delivery teams
- Provide technical guidance to delivery teams in the development of new product features
- Evaluate new technologies that can be used to enhance the Interact Web Channel
- Communicate effectively with various departments internally and occasionally with clients
- Occasionally travel within the UK for ad-hoc activities such as working with project teams, attending training sessions, company events
Initially you will be fully remote due to Coronavirus restrictions but in time our expectation is that this role may either be office based at our Kingston upon Thames HQ (with opportunity to work from home), or UK remote-based if preferred and subject to agreement.
All About You
- Strong knowledge and understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience of developing reusable React components and white label web solutions
- Knowledge of developing modern responsive, accessible websites
- Experience with common front end development tools Babel, Webpack and NPM
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS (including Bootstrap)
- Communicating web design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of secure development practices (OWASP)
- Full product development lifecycle specifically within an Agile, TDD and BDD environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower facilities
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to amazing discounts including Tastecard, cinema tickets, holidays and more
- Competitive Salary: based upon your skills and experience
- Benefits package
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Regular social activities & events
- Great office location overlooking the River Thames
Privacy and GDPR
When you apply, we may ask you for the following personal information:
- Your name
- Contact details
- Your work and educational history (typically in your CV)
- Your current salary information and your notice period at your current employer
- A form of identification, insurance numbers, immigration information and visa status
- The country you are applying from
- Your responses to application questions
- References from your previous employer
- Other information you voluntarily give us through the process, including through interviews or take-home tasks.
Giving this information is optional, but if you choose not to, we might not have enough information about you to consider your application.
As well as what we’ve listed above, we may ask you to give us some sensitive personal data such as:
- age group
- sexual orientation.
We only ever ask for this information to keep track of our equal opportunities monitoring and to make sure we’re complying with anti-discrimination laws. Where we use your data for these purposes, we anonymise it. You don’t have to share it with us, and legally we can’t consider it as part of your application. So if you choose not to share it with us, it won’t harm your application in any way.
We typically get most of your personal information directly from you, but we may get some information about you from other sources:
- We collect information about you from background checking agencies
- We collect workplace references from your referees
- Information about you from publicly available sources (eg your name and contact details)
- We might receive your personal information from third-party recruitment firms.
We use your information to:
- Make hiring decisions
- Contact you throughout the hiring process
- Run recruitment and promotion processes (including an applicant tracking system)
- Run background checks (we’ll always tell you before running these checks)
- Fulfil our immigration and employment law obligations
- Track our equal opportunities, diversity and other recruitment performance (we
anonymise your data for these purposes).
We share your data with the following people:
- Internally with our People Team, Hiring Team and people in other teams who are involved in your hiring process.
- Recruitment or Executive Search agencies involved in recruiting you (this only applies if you’ve already given your details to this agency).
- Software companies that support our recruitment process.
- In some circumstances, we may share your details with other parties to comply with
the law or to protect our rights, property or safety.
If you apply for a role and your application isn’t successful, we keep your information for up to four years. The further you get in the application process, the longer we’re likely to keep your information. We keep your data for two main reasons:
- In case we face a legal challenge about our decision.
- To consider you as a candidate for other opportunities.
If you want us to delete your personal data sooner (from 6 months after the hiring process has concluded), you can chat to us. See the information under ‘Your rights’ for more details.
- Ask for a copy of all (or some) of the personal data we hold about you.
- Ask us to correct inaccurate data that we hold about you.
- Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data – but, for legal reasons, we might not always be able to do this at the time you request it.
- Stop us using your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Stop us using your data for research and statistical purposes, in some circumstances withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us about your personal data.
If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. If you’ve been talking to a member of the hiring team, they’ll also be happy to pass your request on.