Our topic on this occasion was, ‘With heightened regulatory scrutiny, could moving motor finance sales online deliver a more compliant customer outcome?’.
- Are humans able to sell a loan compliantly? What does a ‘compliant customer outcome’ look like?
- Could the motor finance houses follow the route of the retail banks by pushing sales of more complex products down the digital route?
- If motor finance sales moved online, what role for the dealer?
The debate was chaired by Jonathan Minter, (editor Motor Finance and chair of the DBC for Vehicle Finance). Jonathan was joined by:
- Chris Rowthorn – head of operations, MotoNovo Finance.
- Joanne Davis – partner, Locke Lord.
- Maria Rogers – head of digital, Peugeot, Citroen and DS Automobiles UK.
- Shamus Hodgson – MD, Moneybarn.
- David Webber – CEO, Whistlebrook.
Motor Finance interviewed some of the panel ahead of the debate. Read more here:
- 60 Second Interview with Joanne Davis
- 60 Second Interview with Maria Rogers
- 60 Second Interview with Shamus Hodgson
- 60 Second Interview with David Webber