Senior .NET Developer
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Developer to join our Delivery department, to help us build a highly secure and scalable platform to provide data and information services to connected browsers and mobile devices. The role will be responsible for building project components and functionality, delivering high quality software across a strong client base.
As an experienced C#.Net developer you will be ardent and enthusiastic about the latest technologies. You will thrive working in an environment employing high standards and best practice software development methodologies and TDD to enhance the quality of your code contributions. You will enjoy being involved with software development projects from inception to deployment and be comfortable working in an Agile environment with like-minded people.
ieDigital provides financial service organisations with the ability to transform their digital customer experience. We do this through Interact®, our powerful software platform, whose pre-built components enable our clients to deliver customised solutions to market quickly. By integrating into any core banking system and Fintech ecosystem, we bring together the functionality to improve the customer experience, accelerate growth, optimise costs and manage risk.
We are the chosen partner to four of the UK’s five largest banks and have deployed Interact in 28 countries. We were recognised as one of the world’s “most significant providers” in the Q3 2017 Forrester Wave for Digital Banking Engagement Platforms, offering “a well-defined Digital Banking Platform that supports Corporate Banking, Private Banking and excels in Retail Banking.” ieDigital have also recently achieved awards for best technology in the Motor Finance industry and best solution within the Collections industry.
ieDigital is privately owned and has approximately 90 employees. Our head office is set on the riverside in London with further offices in Sydney, Frankfurt & Dubai. For more information visit www.ieDigital.com.
- Take responsibility for delivery of your assigned tasks to a high quality and to agreed timescales, using Scrum and Kanban frameworks and high code automation at unit, integration and UI levels.
- Create and manage associated technical documentation and collaborating with teams across the department to manage the Jira backlog of well-defined Stories.
- Follow and uphold our secure software development lifecycle, ensuring that security, code consistency and maintainability, and quality are at the heart of everything you do.
- Contribute and collaborate with your team on decisions throughout the project, primarily on the design, development, test and continual improvement.
- Use in-house and third party software tools, including source code, testing, implementation and documentation applications.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of and competency in the software development methods and practises used within IE
- Ensure that you understand the requirements of any tasks assigned to you, and seek clarification / additional information if necessary.
- Voice concerns to the team regarding the sprint plan for your assigned task if you are not content that they can be delivered within the parameters set (effort and deadline).
- Be pro-active with regards to completing your assigned tasks. You will be expected to suggest, and on agreement with the team, implement changes in your components with regards to improved efficiency and technical functionality.
- Previous relevant commercial experience including experience of C# .Net development.
- A proven track record in the development of complex web and client/server applications
- Experience of working in high volume transactional ASP.NET environment, on consumer facing Internet Applications – preferably in e-commerce or financial services.
- Experience working in an Agile environment on a highly efficient Scrum team
- Understanding of web physical architecture, experience of architectural design
- Experience of wcf\web api and integrating with multiple third party data providers
- Able to undertake automated unit and integration testing activity to ensure highest possible quality of code
- Ability to prioritise workload and communicate issues early
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of MVC
- Experience with testing frameworks (NUnit, Moq, Specflow)
- XML, TCP/IP and HTTP
A good technical knowledge and experience of:
- Microsoft development environments, specifically Microsoft Visual Studio with Resharper
- C#, ASP.NET, .NET (.NET 4.0 + )
- Micro Services Architecture
- Database development using SQL. SQL Server, (SQL Server minimum 2008, up to 2016)
- Entity Framework
- Mobile First Design
- JQuery, Angular JS
- React JS
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- Holidays: 25 working days plus 8 statutory holidays.
- Company pension: The company contributes 4% of your basic salary once you have completed three months’ employment. If you wish, you may join sooner and make your own salary sacrifice contributions.
- Life assurance: Pays a sum equivalent to four times your basic salary.
- Health plan: On commencement of employment with the company, you are eligible to join the company’s private health plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Shower facilities.
- Eye-care vouchers.
- Access to amazing discounts such as Tastecard, cinema tickets, holidays and more.
- Free fruit.
- Regular social activities and events.
- Great location overlooking the River Thames.
Kingston upon Thames, London