Oh! You missed out on this role!
But don’t worry, your perfect job at ieDigital is just around the corner.
Take a look at our careers page for more opportunities.
Technical Team Lead, Applications Support
ieDigital offers products as a fully managed service which we host at our data centre in London.
The Application Support Team (AST) is responsible for:
- Provision of fixes to software defects experienced by ieDigital clients
- Provision of consultancy to Service Operations Centre (SOC) analysts in order to establish likely causes of issues reported by ieDigital clients
- Delivery of functional changes up to approximately 25 days effort as required by ieDigital clients or departments within ieDigital
Reporting to the Head of Development within the Delivery function, you will lead the team. You will have advanced knowledge, investigation and problem solving skills and will play a key role in our drive for the continuous improvement of the team. In addition to resolving defects and implementing functional changes, you will be required to coach, mentor and develop developers within the AST. You will be required to perform effective and tenacious diagnosis of reported defects on Interact as well as ieDigital’s legacy solutions.
ieDigital provides financial service organizations with the ability to transform their digital customer experience. We do this through Interact, our powerful software platform, whose prebuilt components enable our clients to quickly deliver customized solutions to market.
By integrating into any core banking system and fintech ecosystem, we combine the functionality to improve the customer experience, accelerate growth, optimize cost efficiency and manage risk.
We are the chosen partner to four of the UK’s five largest banks, and have deployed Interact in 28 countries. We were recognized as one of the world’s “most significant providers” in the Q3 2017 Forrester Wave for Digital Banking Engagement Platforms, offering “a well-defined Digital Banking Platform that supports Corporate Banking, Private Banking and excels in Retail Banking”.
ieDigital is privately owned and has more than 120 employees. Our head office can be found on the London riverside, with further offices in Frankfurt, Dubai and Sydney.
For more information visit www.ieDigital.com.
- Take ownership for delivery of the team’s assigned tasks, ensuring they are of good quality and completed within agreed timescales.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Analysts, to ensure timely deliverables, managing the expectation with regard to risk and quality
- Work though issues and technical problems thoroughly, engaging other subject matter experts as a last resort
- Create and manage associated technical documentation.
- Use in-house and third party software tools, including source code, testing, implementation and documentation applications.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of and competency in the software development methods and practises used within ieDigital and ensure that the team complies with them
- Provide Development Operations feedback to development teams on improvements to products and processes
- Ensure that you understand the requirements of any tasks assigned to you and the team, and seek clarification / additional information if necessary.
- Defect management (triage, estimation, allocation, fixing, testing, deployment)
- Identify and embed improvements to existing processes working with the team and line manager as required
- Update call management and defect tracking systems with ticket progress and status
- Communicate effectively with other team members, areas of the business and occasionally with clients
- Manage own and teams’ workload; juggle potentially conflicting priorities
- Manage the identification and resolution of defects assigned to AST
- Lead, coach and mentor junior developers to help them become proficient in analysis and resolution of defects in both legacy and current versions of ieDigital software
- Foster knowledge sharing within the team
- Be responsible for setting and managing work objectives for all team members
Skills & Experience
Required – Technical
- Relevant commercial experience including experience of C# .Net development
- A proven track record in the development of complex web and client/server applications
- Experience of working in high volume transactional ASP.NET environment, on consumer facing Internet Applications – preferably in e-commerce or financial services.
- Understanding of web physical architecture, experience of architectural design
- Experience of asmx\wcf\web api services
- Able to undertake testing activity – test own code
- Previous experience of Agile principles
- Strong MVC experience
- Understanding of and ability to implement SOLID design principles
- Experience with testing frameworks (NUnit and Moq)
- XML, TCP/IP and HTTP
- Microsoft development environments, specifically Microsoft Visual Studio.
- C#, ASP.NET, .NET (.NET 4.0 )
- Database development using SQL. SQL Server, (SQL Server minimum 2008, up to 2016)
- Experience configuring and debugging in IIS7+
- Understanding of Windows Server and ability to debug common issues affecting software deployments
- Experience in project lifecycle, including design, development, delivery, testing, documentation, support and maintenance.
- Jira configuration/administration and reporting
Required – Non-Technical
- Able to prioritise workload and work across multiple work streams
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- CMS exposure
- Management of direct reports
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- Holidays: 25 working days plus 8 statutory holidays.
- Company pension: The company contributes 4% of your basic salary once you have completed three months’ employment. If you wish, you may join sooner and make your own salary sacrifice contributions.
- Life assurance: Pays a sum equivalent to four times your basic salary.
- Health plan: On commencement of employment with the company, you are eligible to join the company’s private health plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Shower facilities.
- Eye-care vouchers.
- Access to amazing discounts such as Tastecard, cinema tickets, holidays and more.
- Free fruit.
- Regular social activities and events.
- Great location overlooking the River Thames.
Kingston upon Thames, London