Oh! You missed out on this role!
But don’t worry, your perfect job at ieDigital is just around the corner.
Take a look at our careers page for more opportunities.
Technical Team Lead (.Net Development)
The role requires excellent technical skills across a wide range of Web and Mobile technologies, including bank grade security solutions. We are seeking an outstanding individual who is passionate about delivering high quality software that will create a benchmark in the Financial Services industry.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead who will work closely with a Project Manager to lead teams of 3–10 Developers. Experience in following an Agile development process to lead teams in the design, build and testing of software components is essential.
ieDigital provides financial service organizations with the ability to transform their digital customer experience. We do this through Interact, our powerful software platform, whose prebuilt components enable our clients to quickly deliver customized solutions to market.
By integrating into any core banking system and fintech ecosystem, we combine the functionality to improve the customer experience, accelerate growth, optimize cost efficiency and manage risk.
We are the chosen partner to four of the UK’s five largest banks, and have deployed Interact in 28 countries. We were recognized as one of the world’s “most significant providers” in the Q3 2017 Forrester Wave for Digital Banking Engagement Platforms, offering “a well-defined Digital Banking Platform that supports Corporate Banking, Private Banking and excels in Retail Banking”.
ieDigital is privately owned and has more than 120 employees. Our head office can be found on the London riverside, with further offices in Frankfurt, Dubai and Sydney.
For more information visit www.ieDigital.com.
- Be responsible for setting and managing work objectives for all team members (with guidance from your Project Manager).
- Take responsibility for delivery to agreed quality and timescales of the teams’ assigned deliveries (which commonly will be large or complex components (or more than one component at a time).
- Be able to take a whole task list and effectively plan a sprint allocating work appropriately to the team – understanding timescales, priorities, and team competencies.
- Provide reports as required on progress against team objectives.
- Undertake defect management responsibility (triage, allocation, fixing, testing).
- Produce documentation of a good standard and proactively ensure the team is producing the required documentation to the standard required.
- Set up appropriate environments for a new project, liaising with the relevant people.
- Be able to work with the team to estimate projects.
- Voice concerns regarding the delivery plan for the team’s assigned task if you are not content that they can be delivered within the parameters set (effort and deadline).
- Work though issues and technical problems thoroughly before escalating queries to others.
- Be pro-active in suggesting, and on approval, implementing changes in components with regards to improved efficiency and technical functionality.
- Follow the design, build, documentation, test and delivery cycles set for the project.
- Use in-house and third party software tools, including source code, testing, implementation and documentations applications.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and competency in IE software development disciplines and practices.
- Interact at a technical and business level with clients, and deputise for the Project Manager as necessary.
- Foster knowledge sharing within your team and across the development group.
- Line management of a team of Developers.
Skills & Experience
- Previous relevant commercial and C# .Net development experience
- A proven track record in the development of complex web and client/server applications.
- Experience of working in high volume transactional ASP.NET environment, on consumer facing Internet Applications – preferably in e-commerce or financial services.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft development environments, specifically Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience of Object-oriented design, exposure to architecture patterns, exposure to software methodologies (agile).
- Full lifecycle – design, development, delivery, testing, documentation, support & maintenance. Understand end to end testing strategy.
- Experience of solving performance issues and performance tuning.
- Understanding of web physical architecture, experience of architectural design (white boarding, innovation, creating and leading solutions). Should be able to define and understand how project architecture works and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of integration technology (web services, WCF and Web API).
- A good understanding of installing applications into production environments.
- Have worked on multiple projects and understand different approaches/what works.
- Have the ability to remain focused and calm, and to deliver results even during periods of pressure.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to manage own and teams’ workload, effectively juggling conflicting priorities and delegating work appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills
- Have had exposure to pre-sales, and be able to work unsupported at client sites if required.
- Demonstrable ability to lead, coach and motivate team members and proactively manage the productivity and quality of the team.
You should have good technical knowledge and experience of:
- Microsoft development environments, specifically Microsoft Visual Studio.
- C#, ASP.NET , .NET (.NET 4.0 + )
- Extensive relational database experience including development, data management/purging, design/performance SQL, Transact SQL, SQL Server, (SQL Server 2008 + )
- Experience in project lifecycle, including design, development, delivery, testing, documentation, support and maintenance.
- React JS (desirable)
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- Holidays: 25 working days plus 8 statutory holidays.
- Company pension: The company contributes 4% of your basic salary once you have completed three months’ employment. If you wish, you may join sooner and make your own salary sacrifice contributions.
- Life assurance: Pays a sum equivalent to four times your basic salary.
- Health plan: On commencement of employment with the company, you are eligible to join the company’s private health plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Shower facilities.
- Eye-care vouchers.
- Access to amazing discounts such as Tastecard, cinema tickets, holidays and more.
- Free fruit.
- Regular social activities and events.
- Great location overlooking the River Thames.
Kingston upon Thames, London