The annual Credit Summit took place, as part of Credit Week, at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, on 30 March 2017. The Credit Summit was set to be the biggest event yet, with a potential 800+ attendees and a show stopping panel made up of industry, regulatory and economic leaders.
One of this year’s Keynote Speakers was BBC Broadcaster and TV personality, Evan Davis. He shared his insights on the economy as well as discussing the influence the political and financial landscape has on the credit market, the political appetite for change, as well as the potential impact of ‘soft’ v ‘hard’ Brexit.
Jonathan Davidson, Director of Supervision, FCA discussed the successes of 2016 and the challenges the industry faces in 2017.
The 2017 Credit Summit Conference streams were:
- Alternative Lending
- Collections and Customer Service
- TCF, Conduct Risk and Compliance
- Credit Risk
- Trade Credit
- Utilities & Telecoms.
Keynote Speakers included:
- Amol Karve, Global Head, Credit Strategy & Portfolio Management, HSBC
- Stewart Livingston, Chief Credit Officer, Santander
- Rahul Pakrashi, Chief Risk Officer, Funding Circle
- Sir Brian Pomeroy, President, Financial Inclusion Commission
- Cyrille Salle de Chou, Chief Risk Officer, HSBC
- Mark Thundercliffe, Group Chief Risk Officer, Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank.
Our Intelligent Environments team had a stand at the conference and Randolph McFarlane, Head of Sales & Partnerships, presented on the topic of ‘Digital customer interaction’.