Read about the live debate and read the opinion piece by Simon Cadbury now.
- Could we ever see a GAFA applying for a banking vicence?
- When humans are still more likely to change spouse than bank account, just how real a threat do they pose?
- Who is better positioned to leverage the opportunities of PSD2 and Open Banking – the banks or the GAFAs?
- At what point will the financial institutions fully immerse themselves in services such as Whatsapp, Amazon Alexa, Facebook Messenger and Google Maps as a channels of engagement?
- What parallels be drawn from the rise of Ant Financial and Tencent in the Far East?
Our panel for this debate
The debate was chaired by Douglas Blakey, Editor, Retail Banker International and Chair of the Digital Banking Club.
Joining Douglas were:
- Alessandro Hatami, Founder, Forestreet
- Nick Ogden, Founder, ClearBank
- Oliwia Berdak, Principal Analyst, Forrester
- Tom Blomfield, Founder, Monzo
- Simon Cadbury, Director of Strategy and Marketing, Intelligent Environments